Sunday 30 June 2013

Ben's Barbecue Spatchcocked Chicken

For me cooking is all about sharing good food and having fun with friends and family. As the sun was shining today, and my brother is king when it comes to barbecues, I managed to persuade him to let me record him preparing a spatchcocked chicken for the barbecue.

For those who haven't heard of it before, this is simply a chicken that is cut down the breast bone and opened out so that it lays flat, and cooks evenly on the barbecue. As the weather is often temperamental at this time of year it is a great choice as it can still be roasted in the oven if all goes wrong!

When the forecast is good, we sell spatchcocked chickens in the shop, but it is also very easy to do yourself (if I can do it with my weak wrists anyone can.) We can always advise you on this in the shop if you would like to give it a go!




We had a real giggle making the video as it wasn't something we had done before, and hopefully it gives you some inspiration for barbecue meats that are good value for money and adaptable to the British weather!



No comments:

Post a Comment