Wednesday 5 December 2012

Chinese Roast Duck

I am a big fan of Chinese food, but when it comes to cooking it myself I don't get much further than a decent stir-fry... The dishes we eat in the restaurant just seem inaccessible back in my own kitchen. I have bad memories of stringing a duck up in the dining room desperately trying to dry it out- needless to say that one did not work out! So I absolutely loved watching Gok Wan Cooks Chinese recently that aims to make Chinese cooking easy. Of course I was keen to revisit the classic Peking Duck with pancakes, however, as one of my family has to stick to a gluten free diet, pancakes were out of the question. Instead I roasted the duck in Gok's style and cooked it with my own fried rice recipe and pak choi. The key to the recipe is the lovely combination of typically Chinese ingredients that are placed inside the duck before roasting- no complicated cooking techniques needed at all. For the full original recipe click here


No comments:

Post a Comment